BEST’s Sustainability Practices
At BEST Service Pros we are committed to sustainable operations in the cleaning products we use, and also how we manage our head office. At our office, the following strategies help to lower our electricity and natural gas consumption:
- LED lighting covers over 80% of the office.
- Utilizing natural light in over 85% of the office.
- Weather-proofing all entrances.
- Improved board room acoustics and hardware to encourage remote meetings and minimize travel.
- Timers automatically turn off electronics when not in use.
The head office has twelve waste diversion programs: recycling, furniture reuse, paper, compost, soft plastic, wood pallets, light bulbs, cardboard, pens, batteries, electronics, and ink cartages. In addition to these waste diversion programs, BEST limits our single-use plastic consumption by providing reusable mugs, plates, and utensils for our staff and visitors. We have a shared office supply bin that eliminates multiple individual purchases of common items and reduces waste as well.
BEST purchases cleaning products and office supplies with sustainable certifications:
- 98% of the chemicals they use are EcoLogo UL Certified; this certification guarantees the chemicals meet environmental standards during production, usage, and disposal.
- 81% of the chemicals BEST uses are GREENGUARD UL Certified; this certification meets a strict standard of VOC off-gassing during use, thereby reducing exposure of our team and clients.
- 96% of the paper BEST purchases are LEED compliant with GREENGUARD UL Certified or equivalent.
Lastly, BEST head office and operations have been carbon neutral since 2009. BEST partners with a company called Offsetters to invest funds in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and forest management projects to offset our carbon emissions.
These are some of the ways that BEST head office and operations support sustainability.
#MyBEST #sustainability #Environment #EcoLogo #LEDlighting #sustainableoperations #Recycling