Avoiding the Effects of Flu Season
- Influenza activity in Canada increased slightly in week 44.
- Laboratory detections of influenza increased and ten regions reported sporadic influenza activity.
- Both paediatric and adult hospitalizations with influenza were reported in week 44.
As a company that works to protect the health and safety of our clients through cleaning services, we would like to share some tips with you on how you can prevent the spread of Influenza:
- Cover your mouth and nose.
- Keep your distance from people who are sick.
- Get vaccinated.
- Take a sick day or work from home if you are feeling unwell.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Make smart choices when it comes to eating, exercising and sleep.
- Make sure your homes, offices and facilities are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
For more updates on the 2013 FluWatch visit the Public Health Agency of Canada: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/fluwatch