Become BEST’s IT Manager
Information Technology Manager (Vancouver,BC)
BEST Service Pros is a premier supplier of building maintenance and facility services. Celebrating over 50 years as a family-owned business, our reputation speaks volumes about our ability to meet our promise of providing exceptional service to our clients. Our team of service professionals provides a full range of building maintenance services and document management services to a variety of loyal customers in Western Canada.
This extensive experience combined with a loyal and certified team members allows us to execute on our promises and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Best is looking for an experienced Technology Manager to join its team and support its rapid expansion. The Technology Manager’s portfolio is broad and the role is an absolutely crucial one. The Technology Manager supports BEST’s business goals through the effective implementation, maintenance and oversight of technology. The position includes close working relationships with high-performing employees working in sites across BC and Alberta, with an opportunity for advancement.
- Accomplishes information technology goals by planning, monitoring, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by assisting with the definition, delivery, of information technologies.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Works with the Vice-President of Information Technology to accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting in the preparation of budgets; and implementing corrective action where necessary.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Application Administration – management of locally-hosted and cloud based applications including Sage Accounting & CRM applications, Veri-Shred and Kronos Time Tracking Application.
- Server Administration – maintenance, backups and upgrades to Windows Server 2008 r2 running multiple Virtual Machines
- Network Administration – maintenance of Active Directory Roles & Users, as well as Domain, LAN Maintenance
- Security Administration – oversee implementation, maintenance and auditing of Firewall(s), Anti-Virus and Spam Protection applications
- File Server Administration – maintain User Access Control and Configuration
- Mail System Administration – management of Exchange Mail Server Accounts and Security
- Database Administration – maintenance of MS SQL Server 2008 r2 Database, including Monitoring, Backups and ensuring Disaster Recovery
- Business Systems Administration – maintenance and upgrades to Microsoft Office applications in both client and Server-hosted Remote Desktop installations
- Hardware Administration – procurement, maintenance and upgrades of Desktop and Notebook PC’s, Printers/Multi-Function Devices and Scanners
- Help Desk Support – provide User support for Application, Operating System, and Hardware Issues
- Cell Phone Administration – procurement and upgrades to Employee Phones, and management of Accounts/Plans
- Telephone System Administration – management of Office Phone/Voicemail Systems
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or 5+ years of IT Manager experience is required
- Experience in MS Windows Server/Network Administration – MS Server & Networking Certification(s) a definite asset
- Experience supporting web-hosted applications (and their integrations) an asset
- Good communication skills with excellent written/spoken English required
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-confidence to enforce Company IT Policies and Practices
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in occasional stressful situations
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
We thank all candidates for applying to the position. However, we will contact only those whose profile matches to our requirements. For all others we might keep your resumes on file for any future openings with the company.
[iphorm id=”4″ name=”BSP Career Form”]