Training & Onboarding Coordinator
Location: Vancouver, BC
BEST Service Pros is a leader in providing premier services in both custodial, confidential document destruction & storage services, to a prestigious and loyal client base. Our goal is to create an environment of operational excellence that maximizes the potential of team members, clients and BEST. Recently recognized by the Deliotte Group as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Gold Standard, and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we pride ourselves on distinction.
Purpose of Job:
The Training & Onboarding Coordinator is responsible for meeting the business’ frontline onboarding & training needs at the site level. The incumbent will be responsible for completing all onboarding, training requirements, and assist site management in recruitment of entry level custodial positions, including but not limited to: phone screens and interviews; assisting with career fairs; ensuring compliance with BEST’s hiring policies, safety requirements, and Employment Standards; take an active role in new team members’ success by actively coaching on the job skills; transition new team members into their areas and coordinate proficiency updates with supervisors; and communicating clearly and effectively.
Reporting Structure: The Training & Onboarding Coordinator reports directly to the Site Manager.
- Organize & host new employee orientations;
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on the job coaching, hands on, and vendor equipment training;
- Track and report on training outcomes ensuring 100% compliance of initial & annual training requirements;
- Provide feedback to program participants and management;
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment;
- Conduct resume screens, phone screens, interviews, reference checks, offer letters, and selection;
- Serve as the initial point of contact for potential frontline candidates;
- Implement BEST’s talent acquisition strategy when evaluating candidates;
- Must be able to accommodate flexible schedules;
- Other duties as required to support business growth.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicational (written and verbal) skills;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office;
- Good understanding of Employment Standards Act & Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Intrinsic ability to effectively analyze, plan, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines;
- Multilingual ability considered an asset.
Education & Experience:
- Some post-secondary education in business administration, management, human resources management, or related field
- Previous work experience, with a focus on training for entry level positions considered an asset;
- Previous professional custodial & supervisor experience;
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving abstract;
- Acceptable security and criminal record check.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We also request before applying, you review our company video found on our website at www.best.ca under our Mission and Vision tab, to see if our team is a good fit for your career goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.