BEST Service Pros is a leader in providing premier services in both custodial, confidential document destruction & storage services, to a prestigious and loyal client base. Our goal is to create an environment of operational excellence that maximizes the potential of team members, clients and BEST. Recently recognized by the Deliotte Group as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Gold Standard, and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we pride ourselves on distinction.
Purpose of Job:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager in monthly accounting duties, ensuring a safe and professional work environment, which fosters BEST culture, mission, and values. The incumbent is responsible for completing various activities including but not limited to: preparing and analyzing financial statements, maintain general ledger and handle monthly account reconciliations, maintenance of accounting schedules, provide support for annual budgeting and year-end auditing process. The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior performance in accordance to the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) requirements, anticipate and adapt to change as needed and communicate effectively.
Reporting Structure: The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of balance sheet and/or income statement accounts
- Prepare/Submit various statutory reporting requirements: Federal/provincial taxes
- Review and maintain accounting schedules (fixed asset continuity/depreciation, amortizations, pre-paids, allocations, etc.)
- Prepare/Submit documentation for various banking transactions (wire transfer, bank drafts, etc.)
- Manage various company credit card needs (new card request, cancellations, existing car logs/assignments, etc.)
- Support AR with billing and reports during month-end
- Support AP with invoices and reports during month-end
- Other duties as required.
- A focus on accuracy and completeness of reporting & analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational, time management, & problem solving skills;
- Excellent communicational (written & verbal) skills;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Outlook, & advanced knowledge of Excel);
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision & in a team environment;
- Excellent customer service skills with intrinsic ability to understand needs & maintain relationships.
Education & Experience:
- Business degree or accounting designation;
- Minimum 2 years full cycle accounting experience preferred in the areas of responsibility outlined above;
- Experience using ACCPAC/Sage300 considered an asset;
- Acceptable security and criminal record check.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter. We also request before applying, you review our company video found on our website at www.best.ca under our Mission and Vision tab, to see if our team is a good fit for your career goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.