Founded in 1956, BEST Service Pros is a professionally operated company under private ownership. BEST provides custodial, facility maintenance and property and document management services in British Columbia and Alberta. BEST’s Team objective is to implement best business practices that foster sustainable growth and opportunities to all vested parties in order to be an Employer of Choice. BEST Service Pros is recognized as the most reliable and established facility service provider in Western Canada. BEST not only provides green solutions but is the only Carbon Neutral certified company within its industry sector in Canada!
Purpose of Job:
The Site Manager is responsible for managing a custodial site ensuring a safe and professional work environment which fosters BEST culture, mission and values. The incumbent is responsible for completing various activities which include, but are not limited to; supervising all daily operations and overseeing daily duties of Assistant Manager, Lead Hands Custodians. The incumbent will manage the site’s performance in accordance with budgetary and Key Performance Indicator(KPI) requirements as determined by senior management. The Site Manager is responsible for ensuring that the site meets or exceeds safety, quality, staffing and business growth expectations to meet company goals and objectives. The incumbent is responsible for direct/indirect people management activities.
- Manage the site’s performance in accordance with the “Expected Level of Performance Standards” as determined by senior management;
- Identify, support and develop growth plans for project works or other site locations;
- Supervise all daily operations to ensure that each site area maintains an appropriately staffed professional atmosphere communicating staffing issues to senior management in a timely manner;
- Oversee duties of Assistant Managers, Lead Hands and Custodians on a daily basis ensuring all tasks (e.g., basic and special requirements) are performed in accordance with BEST guidelines by reviewing daily paperwork;
- Ensure all Team Members are working the minimum level of hours on a weekly basis and are following proper timesheet procedures (e.g., signing in/out as required);
- Oversee the management and assist in the training of new hires ensuring proper documentation of improvement plans and follow ups;
- Provide leadership, mentoring and supervision for all Best team members ensuring on-going skills enhancement and personal development;
- Implement the training program of new hires from other areas of the company by concentrating on the focusing on the first two weeks as outlined in the “New Hire Training Manual”;
- Provide senior management with regular written/verbal feedback concerning site performance and action plans, safety, supplies and personnel to ensure productive and efficient operations;
- Ensure minimum standards (e.g., staffing level, duties, responsibilities) under the job site requirements are met or exceeded making recommendations for improvement and the elimination of revenue leakage by controlling/reducing costs) and documenting deficiencies and corrective measures if required;
- Facilitate training meetings as required by BEST on a weekly basis to ensure proper implementation of new policies and/or changes to existing policies and procedures; Maintain an up-to-date memorandum binder of all pertinent site information ensuring that all staff have read and understand all corporate directives and memorandums in a timely manner;
- Identify and advise senior management of Team Members who may be candidates for promotion;
- Other duties and responsibilities may be requested as needed to benefit the BEST team or the organization as a whole requiring additional flexibility and understanding.
People Management may include some of the following:
- Motivate, coach, train and provide guidance to staff in managing Performance effectiveness issues/concerns of a difficult/complex nature (e.g., Performance Improvement Plan);
- Monitor, evaluate and manage day-to-day Team member performance for direct reports, document and carry out verbal/written corrective and/or disciplinary actions with appropriate approval and in accordance with BEST policy guidelines, counsel and find alternatives in the resolution of complex issues;
- Manage annual review process (e.g., establish performance targets and communicate to the team, work with direct reports to negotiate performance ratings for their teams as well as individual ratings, provide for the on-going professional development of staff);
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of the provincial Employment Standards Act and theOccupational Health and Safety Act.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships both internally/externally would be a definite asset.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Good influencing skills to gain acceptance of recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete daily/monthly activities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify/analyze business problems and recommend and develop solutions to mitigate risk.
- Good PC skills (e.g., Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook) in order to develop/maintain documents, spreadsheets and to use e-mail).
- A wide range of internal and external at various levels.
- Maintaining a close and current understanding of the business needs and priorities.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
- Various work environments including office, production and secured.
- May be required to work outside normal business hours in order to meet deadlines.
- Stressful conditions may be experienced due to deadlines. Light physical activity, such as lifting and bending may be required
GROW your career @ BEST!
Submit your resume, cover letter, and wage expectations to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.