Site Administrator Greater Vancouver
BEST Service Pros, named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies by Deloitte, is a leading commercial cleaning services provider specializing in integrated ‘green’ custodial, facilities management, and customer services to educational, retail, convention, and large commercial buildings across Western Canada. We design, manage, and deliver environmentally sustainable facility maintenance solutions including janitorial, exterior building maintenance, and waste stream management throughout BC and Alberta.
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative assistance to facilitate the a site’s operation. The incumbent will be responsible for administrative activities that include, but are not limited to; answering and referring inbound telephone calls, inducting new team members; scheduling team members’ work shifts, communicating and confirming scheduled work shifts with team members, and rescheduling work shifts to accommodate team member or client changes as required. The incumbent will also be responsible for receiving and auditing team member time sheets; preparing payroll spreadsheets and forwarding them to the Payroll Administrator. The position is responsible for receiving work orders, composing correspondence or other documents, maintaining various databases and coordinating meetings as required. Incumbent works with minimal direction requiring independent judgment in accordance with procedures and guidelines prior to escalating issues as required. This position is located in the Vancouver area with multiple sites reporting to the incumbent.
Incumbent may be responsible for one or more of the following activities:
- Answer and refer inbound telephone calls and/or radio calls providing assistance to internal/external contacts as required;
- Induct new team members by ensuring all required payroll documents, identification and forms and/or policies are executed, scanned and submitted to Payroll Administrator prior to scheduling any work shifts;
- Schedule team members’ work shifts in order to meet client’s requirements;
- Communicate and confirm scheduled work shifts with team members rescheduling work shifts to accommodate team member or client changes as required;
- Receive and audit team member time sheets to ensure accurate recording of scheduled work shifts investigating discrepancies as required,
- Prepare payroll spreadsheets and forward them to the Payroll Administrator.
- Receive work orders ensuring that they are entered into the work order spreadsheet/binder and given to the Site Supervisor in a timely manner;
- Order supplies and maintain supply inventory database;
- Prepare monthly billings for extra work requested and approved by client;
- Liaise with team members and clients disseminating information and coordinating internal/external meetings as required;
- Compose correspondence and compile data for reports or other documents assisting in file management as required by the site;
- Coordinate training sessions/tool box meetings and disseminate information as required;
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Complete a variety of clerical functions (e.g. filing, scanning, photocopying).
- May be required to train new incumbents on procedures and guidelines.
- Cross train in other positions to assist/provide support to other team members/area(s) of equal value on a temporary basis to ensure excellent customer service.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 1-3 years of job-related experience
- Post secondary diploma in Administration would be an asset
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) in order to communicate in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete daily/monthly activities and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships both internally/externally would be a definite asset.
- Good PC skills (e.g., Microsoft Office – Word, Excel) in order to develop/maintain documents, spreadsheets).
- Ability to use general office equipment (e.g., fax, photocopier, scanner, printer).
Internal and external at various levels to gather/clarify information as required.
- Ability to use independent judgment, according to general routines.
- Maintaining a high level of productivity and accuracy while completing tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Maintaining confidentiality and attention to detail.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
- Constant attention to detail involving sustained visual concentration.
- Restricted to workstation for prolonged periods on a daily basis (e.g., sitting for long periods of time).
- Light physical activity, such as lifting and bending may be required.
If you have an interest in this position please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and indicate you are applying for “Site Administrator” along with wage expectations. While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for the screening process will be contacted.