Heavy Duty Custodian
Location: Toronto, ON
BEST Service Pros is a leader in providing premier services in both custodial, confidential document destruction & storage services, to a prestigious and loyal client base. Our goal is to create an environment of operational excellence that maximizes the potential of team members, clients and BEST. Recently recognized by the Deliotte Group as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Gold Standard, and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we pride ourselves on distinction.
Purpose of Job:
The Heavy Duty Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner. The Heavy Duty Custodian is required to remove heavy garbage and operate a compactor, clean over 12 foot high windows using a tucker pole and lift furniture. The incumbent reports to a Lead Hand, Supervisor or an Assistant Site Manager.
Clean offices, auditoriums, class rooms, washrooms, kitchen, dining areas, halls, entrances/exits, reception areas and more
- Ensure proper sanitazation & disinfection procedures are followed
- Replenish supplies as needed
- Ensure garbage disposal in proper bins
- Clean all dry & wet spills throughout facility as required
- Maintain & secure storage areas, cleaning equipment & materials in an orderly manner
- Report equipment repairds and stock shortages
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Abiltiy to use auto scrubbers, burnishers, carpet cleaning equipment, & tucker pole
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read & understand lables & instructions
- Previous custodial experience an asset
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please submit your resume. We also request before applying, you review our company video found on our website at www.best.ca under our Mission and Vision tab, to see if our team is a good fit for your career goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.