BEST Service Pros is a leader in providing premier custodial, confidential document destruction and storage services, to a prestigious and loyal client base. Our goal is to create an environment of operational excellence that maximizes the potential of team members, clients and BEST. Recently recognized by the Deliotte Group as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we pride ourselves on distinction.
Purpose of Job:
The Building Supervisor is responsible for both daily cleaning and overseeing team members within a designated area of a custodial site ensuring a safe and professional work environment, which fosters BEST culture, mission and values. The incumbent is responsible for completing various activities, which include, but are not limited to general cleaning, overseeing daily duties of Custodians, training, and verbally communicating progress reports to Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager to ensure productive and efficient operations.
Reporting Structure: The Building Supervisor reports directly to the Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager.
- Oversee daily duties of both light and heavy duty custodians;
- Train new hires and foster BEST’s company culture, mission, and values;
- Maintain open communication with Assistant Site Manager/Site Manager regarding staffing issues, safety, supplies, and other related business concerns
- Facilitate staff meetings as required to implement policies, procedures and safety requirements;
- Maintain and secure storage areas and cleaning equipment/supplies ensuring safety of staff and the public;
- Perform light and heavy duty cleaning responsibilities including floor maintenance;
- Perform minor equipment repairs and report vandalism;
- Report equipment repairs and stock shortages;
- Other duties as required per business needs.
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Strong verbal communication skills;
- Basic computer and smart phone knowledge with experience using MS Office programs;
- Ability to effectively analyze, plan, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines;
- Multilingual ability considered an asset.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma considered an asset;
- Previous supervisory experience considered an asset;
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving abstract;
- Acceptable security and criminal record check.
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also request before applying, that you review our company video, found on our website, at www.best.ca, under the Mission and Vision tab, to see if our team is a good fit for your career goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.