Assistant Site Manager
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta
BEST Service Pros is a leader in providing premier services in both custodial, confidential document destruction & storage services, to a prestigious and loyal client base. Our goal is to create an environment of operational excellence that maximizes the potential of team members, clients and BEST. Recently recognized by the Deliotte Group as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Gold Standard, and by Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, we pride ourselves on distinction.
Purpose of Job:
The Assistant Site Manager is responsible for assisting the Site Manager in managing the entire operation at a custodial site ensuring a safe and professional work environment, which fosters BEST culture, mission, and values. The incumbent is responsible for completing various activities including but not limited to supervising daily operations that exceed both safety and quality expectations, managing the site’s budget and performance in accordance to the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) requirements, anticipate change and/or business growth while meeting the appropriate level of staffing needs and must be able to communicate effectively.
Reporting Structure: The Assistant Site Manager reports directly to the Site Manager.
- Train front line staff, Site Administrator, and Assistant Manager;
- Motivate, coach, mentor and provide guidance to a staff of up to 40 team members ensuring employee development;
- Effectively/Professionally communicate both internally (staff, head office etc.) & externally (clients);
- Identify, support, and develop growth plans for project works or other site locations;
- Oversee duties of Site Supervisors, Lead Hands, & Custodians ensuring regular & exception based tasks are performed with BEST guidelines;
- Provide verbal/written corrective and/or disciplinary action in accordance with BEST policy guidelines;
- Identify potential issues, seek strategic alternative solutions while mitigating risk;
- Implement/Communicate company initiatives in a timely & effective manner;
- Manage changing priorities with a thorough understanding of business needs;
- Work at front line level to meet contractual obligations as needed;
- Work/respond to inquiries outside business hours such as evening/weekends to meet business needs;
- Other duties as required to support contractual needs and business
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office & understanding of income statements, forecasts
- Comprehensive understanding of Employment Standards Act & Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Strong leadership skills, servant mentality;
- Excellent interpersonal & communicational (written & verbal) skills;
- Intrinsic ability to effectively analyze, plan, prioritize, negotiate, & execute business’ strategic
Education & Experience:
- Business related post-secondary diploma/degree;
- Minimum 1 year work experience with a focus on service, financials & budgets, safety, & HR;
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving abstract;
- Acceptable security and criminal record
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We also request before applying, you review our company video found on our website at www.best.ca under our Mission and Vision tab, to see if our team is a good fit for your career goals.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.